Details & Materials
- Minimalistic design
- Brightly-colored to ensure visibility
- Push-to-release handle
- Color: Orange
- Materials: Anondized A6061 aluminum, stainless steel, and nylon 9 pulley wheels
- Fits ropes from 8-12mm in diameter
- Maximum Load: 500kg (1,102lb)
- Weight: 300g (0.7lb)
Setup InstructionsThe A6061 Rope Pulley must be used with a large carabiner, 100-120mm minimum (not included).
If you do not have a lanyard stopper already on the rope:
- Begin by locating the end of the rope where the bottom weight will attach.
- Pull the end of the rope under the metal pin (through the handle) and underneath the rope stopper (rope stopper should be in an open position*).
- Continue feeding the rope under the rope stopper and out through the other side.
- Begin by locating the end of the rope opposite of where the bottom weight will attach to.
- Push the end of the rope through the pulley system over the larger side with the wheel and underneath the rope stopper (rope stopper should be in an open position*).
- Pull the rope through and continue feeding it underneath the metal pin (through the handle).
*The open position of the rope stopper is illustrated below
Secondary safety measure
When diving, it is recommended to take the remaining loose rope and secure it to a carabiner (we recommend using the clove hitch) attached to another place on the buoy outside of the D-ring area, such as one of the handles. This will provide a backup attachment point as a secondary safety measure (see the photo below for reference). Make sure to rinse the pulley system in fresh water after use and let it fully dry before putting it away for long-term storage.
- Rinse thoroughly in fresh water after every use
- Avoid dropping the pulley or knocking it against hard objects