Note that all of our fins are handcrafted to adjust the shape and stiffness of the blade and to ensure the most effective connection between foot pocket and blade. As such, some cosmetic imperfections on the blade may be visible. This does not influence blade integrity or performance but simply makes your fin/s unique.
Please note that carbon blades can vary in appearance from a more matte to a more glossy finish. If you have a preference, add it to the ‘Order Notes’ before checkout. We will do our best to match the blade finish to your preference.
- Materials: 100% carbon fiber
- Handcrafted from start to finish
- New shades of classic colors to choose from
- Updated concept of stiffness that favors smaller amplitude, low-effort kicking, achieved by making the blades slightly softer
- Small blades feature 10% less surface area and an adjusted ‘bottleneck’ shape for quick and efficient transition of the blades between kick strokes
- Recommended for freedivers under 65kg (143lb), shorter than 170cm (5 feet 11 inches), or with shorter leg proportions
- Small blades are ideal for ease of maneuverability and requires less power and energy spent on kicks
- Molchanovs Hand-Built Foot Pockets:
- Heavy-duty, wear-resistant, UV-resistant foot pockets
- Custom open-heel foot pockets for flexibility
- Updated Comfort Lining with a soft micropore interior for maximized comfort
- Increased toe space in the foot pockets for added relief
- Choose between standard EU sizes or custom sizes
- Lightweight, weighing approximately 430g/0.9lb per foot pocket to decrease fatigue when moving the leg during a kick cycle
- Regular Blade:
- Total Length (depending on foot pocket size): 80-85cm (31.5-33.5in)
- Blade Angle: 24°
- Blade Length (tip of foot pocket to end of blade): 63cm (25in)
- Blade Width: 19cm (7.5in)
- Stiffness: Soft, Medium
- Weight (One Pair): 1.75kg (3.9lb)
- Small Blade:
- Total Length (depending on foot pocket size): 79-84cm (31.1-33.1in)
- Blade Angle: 24°
- Blade Length (tip of foot pocket to end of blade): 62cm (24.4in)
- Blade Width: 17.5cm (6.9in)
- Stiffness: Soft, Medium
- Weight (One Pair): 1.46kg (3.2lb)
- Colors: Black, White, Gold, Blue, Green, Pink
All equipment should be rinsed in fresh water after use and placed out of direct sunlight and heat. Do not place heavy objects on top of the fins. For more information, see how to care for your freediving bifins and monofin here. Additionally, see how to travel with your bifins and monofin here.
A 1-year limited warranty applies. Please note that defects or damage to the equipment caused by improper or incorrect use or insufficient/improper maintenance and product care will render our Warranty Policy null and void.
Standard Molchanovs Hand-Built Foot Pocket Sizing
Please note: If you have a noticeable size difference between each foot, wider feet, or especially high or low arches, we suggest ordering custom foot pockets. Follow the ‘Custom Hand-Built Foot Pocket Measurement Guide’ guide below to measure your feet correctly.
Custom Hand-Built Foot Pocket Measurement Guide
Custom Foot Pocket Fit Guide
The desired fit determines the tightness of the foot pockets. Three options are available:
Comfortable: Allows more space inside of the foot pockets for the feet. The feet will feel like they are on the verge of movement, but will not actually have movement since any friction between the feet and foot pockets will cause blisters. Comfortable for about 2 hours of wear.
Normal: More comfortable compared to the Tight fit. There is slightly more space inside for the feet, but not enough space for extra movement. Allows for about 20 - 50 minutes of wear.
Tight: Specifically designed for performance, which means that the fit is especially tight. This gives you the best control over the blade as the feet are very compressed with no space for any extra movement inside of the foot pocket. Suitable for about 10 - 30 minutes of wear.
Please note: The maximum time a freediver can wear foot pockets (especially Tight fit) depends on their level of experience and how flexible their feet are. If you would like to improve your foot flexibility, watch this video.
Choosing Bifin Blade Stiffness
Blade stiffness depends on your height, weight, technique, experience, training goals, and blade size. Below are general tips on how to choose the right stiffness. If you are not sure, e-mail email@example.com with a video attached of one of your dives for a recommendation.
Soft: Suitable for smaller and lighter freedivers, and also for experienced freedivers with excellent ankle-driven technique. Softer blades are more economic in terms of energy consumption, although it mostly remains a preference among freedivers with more strength whether to choose a soft or medium stiffness.
Medium: Suitable for larger and heavier freedivers, freedivers with more lower-body strength, or for freedivers who needs more power.
Choosing Bifin Blade Size
We also offer the choice of a Small bifin blade for freedivers who are under 65kg (143lb), shorter than 170cm (5 feet 11 inches), or with shorter leg proportions. Small blades feature 10% less surface area than Regular blades and an adjusted ‘bottleneck’ shape. They are particularly ideal for shorter freedivers because of their ease of maneuverability while additionally requiring less power and energy spent on kicks. While the blade-layering structure of both Small and Regular blades are the same, the reduced surface area of the Small blade can make them feel softer than Regular blades.
Production time for bifins take approximately 4 - 6 weeks* depending on the volume of orders. If you need them sooner, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will check to see if we can accommodate your needs.
*Generally, production time is 4 - 6 weeks for customized bifins. However, the production time is currently 10 - 12 weeks due to the large number of orders. We are working to increase our production capacity and production times will soon return back to normal.
Shipping and Returns
See the Shipping and Returns section of the FAQ here.